mercredi 5 mai 2010

Attack of the Tyranosaurus Rex

Ah that's special pain... Last sunday I did a mock triathlon on Circuit Gilles Villeneuve to anchor my confidence for next week's competition. What I had not remembered from last year was that special pain you get when you get off the bike and start running. Oh yeah, it's special alright. You suddenly turn into a big Tyranosaurus Rex: all legs, no arms. The leg muscles become unbearably heavy, inflated and pretty much useless. Even after having spinned out the legs in lower gear on the last lap of the bike leg, your legs just can't move the way they usually do. The stride becomes lilliputian and you feel like the stupidest, most inelegant being on the planet. A T-REX indeed. Well as long as my T-Rex legs get me to the finish line, I guess that's all I care about.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire